Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need my own insurance?

Yes, personal auto insurance above the minimum required in the State of Alaska is required. Click here for more information (under insurance tab.)

What insurance coverage do you provide?

If you are from the United States and have the minimum insurance coverage required in the State of Alaska, your insurance will be primary. We provide secondary insurance that activates if your insurance exceeds it's limits.

Are international customers covered?

Yes, our secondary policy does cover international customers. However, international customers are required to purchase supplemental insurance through State Farm (Can be less than $5/Day but it depends on your driving record.)

Are pets allowed?

No, unfortunately pets are not allowed.

How easy is it to change my reservation?

You may change your reservation at any time, but we cannot guarantee availability.

How late can I pick-up the camper van?

We allow pick-up until 8:00 PM if necessary.

How much is the down payment?

The down payment is 20% of your rental total. (does not include damage deposit)

How old do I have to be to rent a van?

You must be 25 years of age or older.

How do I charge my electronics?

We provide a secondary battery and power inverter with two standard household plug-ins (110 V AC current). This provides enough power to charge two phones and a computer while the engine is off. (Please note that it does not provide enough power for a hair dryer or similar electronic device.)

Is there a heater or air conditioning inside the van?

The van provides heat or air conditioning while the engine is on. The van is well insulated and includes insulated window coverings to help retain heat or keep it cool depending the weather.

What type of transmission does the van have?

All vans have an automatic transmission.

Is travel on the Dalton Highway "Haul Road" or Manley Hot Springs Road allowed?

No, unfortunately travel on these roads is not allowed.

Do you offer roadside assistance?

Yes, roadside assistance comes with every rental.

Do I need an International Drivers Permit?

An International Drivers Permit is recommended for all drivers who do not have a license in English, but it is not required.

Do you offer one way travel to Anchorage?

Yes! However, you must rent for 21 or more days. Please contact us before making any plans.

Can my trip start and end in Anchorage?

Yes! However, you must rent for 21 or more days. Please contact us before making any plans.

Can I travel into Canada without paying extra?

Yes, travel into Canada is included at no extra charge.